Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Sunday, September 16, 2012

THE GEORGIA PEACH AT THE FIFTY 50

GEORGIA PEACH

Peach Lambic Beer
Sweet George Belle Peach Mango Rum Liqueur
Pallini Peachello
Citrus Juice

Chicago was full of spirits that I’d never heard of before in my sheltered Ohio world. My last one for the weekend ended up being served to me at the Fifty/50 sports bar in Wicker Park. It’s named Fifty/50 because the two owners split the work of the kitchen and the management exactly in half. They had a great cocktail list, including about eight beer cocktails. The few cocktails I’ve had this year that were made with beer have been bad, really bad. Still, I took a chance and ordered a GEORGIA PEACH. I was not disappointed. The cocktail was deliciously wonderful, marvelous even. You would have never known that it was made with beer. The key were the ingredients….

Peach Lambic Beer- A Belgium beer with a fruity, distinctive, taste that is similar to honey. I’m going to search this out for drinking by itself.

Sweet George Belle Peach Mango Rum Liqueur - The alcohol with the long name is a brand made by Sweet George Belle. It is a peach and mango rum that makes ordinary- flavored rums look silly. You can’t go wrong making a cocktail with this.

Pallini Peachello- An Italian liqueur made from white peaches. It undoubtedly gave the cocktail its strong peachy taste.

The GEORGIA PEACH was topped off with some citrus juice, which added pulp and texture. Seek this stuff out, because separately or together, they’ll be peachy keen. I can’t wait to go back and discover more of the types of cocktails Chicago has to offer.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment