Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Saturday, September 8, 2012

CORN FEST SNO-CONE

CORN FEST SNO-CONE

I'm not a big fan of fairs and festivals, but tonight my town of Willoughby Hills, Ohio, was having a Corn Fest that fit my mellow mood. I wandered down with the fam and enjoyed some pulled pork and a beer while listening to an Alanis Morrissette look alike.

Unfortunately, there were no cocktails at the Corn Fest. But when my kid came up to me holding the fancy sno-cone you see in the picture above, I thought it deserved cocktail status (plus I was just in a beer mood.)

The CORN FEST SNO-CONE is a combination of lemon-lime and blue raspberry flavors. To make it, go to the nearest Fall festival and find the sno-cone stand. Look for the line with the twelve year olds. The kid said he chose those two flavors because they taste like green apple when mixed. I took a taste and found it to be very sour, but nice and cold. It will also turn your tongue radiation green about mid-way through. Sure, it's non-alcoholic, but a flask of vodka could fix that quickly. Just be quick and discreet. However, when it comes to eating/drinking your sno-cone, whether it's spiked or not, drink slow. Brain freeze is no fun.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment