Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Monday, September 10, 2012

BUCKAROO


BUCKAROO
1 ½ measures bourbon
Dash of Angostura bitters
Coca-cola

Howdy partner! You are going to love tonight’s cocktail. It’s called the BUCKAROO. Saddle up and sit a spell and I’ll make you one quicker than a horse takes to oats. First, I’ll put some Knob Creek bourbon and a few dashes of Angostura bitters into a tall cocktail glass that I’ve half-filled with crushed ice. I’ll give it a stir, then top it off with good old fashioned coca-cola. I’ll be sure to serve the cowboy cocktail with a swizzle stick for continual stirring.

If you regularly drink jack and coke, or you’re saddle sore, you will love the strong BUCKAROO. Since it uses bourbon and bitters, it’s really just a distant cousin to those tired old jack and coke or rum and coke cocktails. A more fancy pants, city slicker cousin. The bitters really come through in the BUCKAROO cocktail, and they give it a distinctive flavor that I took a mighty fine liking to. If you don’t have bitters in the house, don’t bother. And if you use good bourbon,you’ll ride into the sunset a happy cowpoke.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment