Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

HARRY BUFFALO

HARRY BUFFALO
Smirnoff Orange Vodka
Passion Fruit Schnapps
Peach Schnapps
Pineapple Juice
Cranberry Juice


The HARRY BUFFALO cocktail at the Harry Buffalo restaurant in Highland Hts., Ohio, was nothing like the Harry Buffalos of my youth. This one contained only vodka, whereas an authentic Harry Buffalo is made with vodka, gin, rum, tequila, and whiskey. All that is combined in a large punch bowl, along with fruit juice and pieces of fruit, which are given time to marinate and soak up the alcohol. I have one blurry memory of a party in college that had a baby pool full of Harry Buffalo. An impressive cocktail to be sure, but also some of the grossest fruit I’ve ever eaten.  

But back to the HARRY BUFFALO currently served as the signature cocktail of the Harry Buffalo restaurants, a chain in the Cleveland area. This HARRY BUFFALO involved the ingredients above being put into a tall cocktail glass half-filled with ice, then stirred well and garnished with a slice of orange.

The sugary and strong HARRY BUFFALO cocktail made me want to go buy a bottle of Passion Fruit Schnapps. Thanks to the plethora of Fuzzy Navels I've consumed over the years, I’ve always been a fan of peach schnapps, but passion fruit? It’s a new favorite for when I want something sweet. It mixed well with the other ingredients in the HARRY BUFFALO cocktail and I’d order one again, though it would be better for a sunny day on the patio, then a day like today. It was rainy and cold, and more suited to the Stone Arrogant Bastard beer that Hubby ordered. Bastard.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

2 comments :

  1. Excellent way of describing, and good article to obtain information about
    my presentation focus, which i am going to convey in institution of higher education.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your website in Ie, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has
    some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!

    Other then that, very good blog!

    ReplyDelete