Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

ORANGE MARTINI, ORANGE SKY



ORANGE MARTINI
2 measures Three Olives orange vodka
½ measure orange juice
½ measure Triple Sec
Splash of 7-up

ORANGE MARTINI at night, drinker’s delight was what I found out tonight. I met my friend Terri for a little cocktail and dinner at a place called Burgers 2 Beer and challenged the bartender to make me a yummy cocktail that I hadn’t tried yet. After a short interview and brainstorming session, he came up with an ORANGE MARTINI.

To make it, he used Three Olives orange vodka, but he gave me three other choices of orange flavored vodkas he could use — there is no shortage. He put the vodka, along with orange juice, triple sec, and 7-up into a cocktail shaker. He added ice, shook it well and strained the lovely concoction into a martini glass, garnishing with a slice of orange.

When it comes to orange juice, I can take it or leave it. But after one sip of the ORANGE MARTINI, I was in love and wouldn’t leave it for all the other martinis combined. It was uber-refreshing and I couldn’t taste the alcohol at all. It tasted like high-quality orange juice and would be good for a tailgating morning. Terri had a pear martini and, though it was good, I liked my ORANGE MARTINI better. There was no order envy on either party’s part. And as the conversation turned to pie-flavored martinis, I started looking forward to a fun fall.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment