Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Monday, March 5, 2012

VISIT THE GREEN CARRIBEAN


GREEN CARRIBEAN
1 ½ measure white rum
1 ½ measure Midori
4 measures soda water
Slice of Lemon


The GREEN CARRIBEAN cocktail is really cool looking. With its fluorescent green-yellow color and floating slice of lemon, it has a hallucinogenic quality. It was created in the 1970s as part of the launch for Midori, which is a new favorite liquor for me. The melon-flavored liquor tastes better than blue Curacao in my opinion, but is just as colorful.


To make the GREEN CARRIBEAN, I started by slicing a lemon and putting the slices into some highball glasses. I then put white rum and Midori in the measurements above into a shaker, added ice, gave it some good shakes, and strained it into the glasses. The resulting GREEN CARRIBEAN cocktail was a delight. It was too sweet for hubby, but just right for me. It brightened up an otherwise boring, dreary Monday and was easy to make. I’ll be sure to visit the GREEN CARRIBEAN again. Sounds very eco friendly.

 Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie


1 comment :

  1. Why yes Marteeny Mom, my sister is panelist #6. What gave it away?

    ReplyDelete