Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Sunday, March 11, 2012

THE SEXY SNOWMAN




Big Sky's Lone Peak.

The Sexy Snowman in a non-sexy cup.
SEXY SNOWMAN
Hot chocolate
Frangelico
Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka
Bailey’s Irish Cream
Bacardi 151
I brought a bit of Lake Tahoe, California, to Big Sky, Montana, today, where it was so windy they had to keep the top lifts closed. We had a great ski day nonetheless and I think all the great people we met on the lifts were one of my favorite parts. But by 3:45 pm, the legs were barking and it was time for happy hour. I sought out a bartender named Brian whom I had met briefly the day before through my local Montanan friend Michelle.

I handed Brian at Chet’s Bar a list of cocktails I wanted to try and he picked the SEXY SNOWMAN. It’s a cocktail that my brother Rusty recently had while skiing at North Star in Lake Tahoe. It contains so many alcohols that Brian had to switch to a larger cup before adding the hot chocolate. I believe he added a shot of each of the above liquors and we both agreed that many of the ingredients are redundant. Do you really need Baileys and Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur? They are very similar.

The SEXY SNOWMAN was yummy, but if you are looking for a simple hot chocolate with a little kick, this isn’t it. This cocktail is more like a kick with a little hot chocolate. It would definitely make a snowman melt. Can’t comment on the sexy part. And despite it being unnecessarily complicated, I would have another one any day. The bottom of my cup came quickly.

Nonetheless, I think the cocktail hubby and I created at lunch is also worth a mention. Red wine and red bull. Better than it sounds and I skied till 3:45 pm.
Red bull and Red Wine- Try it!

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment