Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Sunday, March 4, 2012

CONNOISSEURS TREAT

CONNOISSEUR’S TREAT
1½ measure cognac
½ measure Grand Marnier
½ measure Galliano

In day two of cocktailing with parents, I brought the makings for a CONNOISSEUR’S TREAT cocktail to my Dad’s house, where we were meeting to celebrate his upcoming birthday. Since Dad is a cognac connoisseur, and indeed a connoisseur of many of life’s finer things, I thought this cocktail would be right up his alley.
 To make the CONNOISSEUR’S TREAT, I put cognac, Grand Marnier and Galliano in the measurements above into a glass pitcher. I then added lots of ice, stirred it and let it sit for a few minutes to chill. I then strained it into cocktail glasses and garnished with twists of orange rind.

How’d it taste? Well, I’ll let the panel of alcohol experts, umm, I mean family members, that I was with give you their opinion:
 Panelist #1: It tastes like black liquorice and I’m starting to sweat.
Panelist #2: It tastes like Benedictine brandy and where is the ice? I need to add some.
Panelist #3: This would be a great drink to sip by a fire in cold weather. This is not a drink for the beach.
Panelist #4: I like it. It’s a sipping drink that tastes like brandy.
Panelist #5: It’s good, but strong. Tastes like brandy.
Panelist #6: It’s disgusting.
Panelist #7: It tastes like kerosene. She then grabbed the Grand Marnier, so she could pour herself a glass straight up.
Panelist #8: It tastes better than it smells. Is it flammable?
Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

3 comments :

  1. There is definately a lot to know about this subject.
    I really like all of the points you have made.
    Review my webpage :: aruba restaurant

    ReplyDelete