Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Friday, March 2, 2012

DRINK A GRINCH FOR DR. SUESS


GRINCH
2 oz Midori
1/2 oz lemon juice
1 tsp simple syrup
maraschino cherry for garnish

“Be yourself. Because the people who mind don’t matter. And the people who matter don’t mind.” — Dr. Suess

Today is Dr. Suess’ birthday. Born in 1904 in Massachusetts, the man, whose real name was Ted Geisel, sure had a way with words and I’ve always loved him. Now that my son is older, I kinda miss reading his books.

So to bring him back into my life, I decided to drink a cocktail named for one of his most famous characters, the GRINCH. I found the recipe on about.com. To make the GRINCH cocktail, pour the ingredients above into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a martini or cocktail glass. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.

 The GRINCH is delis. At least that’s what Richard said, a friend who stopped by for cocktail hour. Another friend Rob, who had also stopped by, liked it a lot as well. Neither of them could even believe it had alcohol in it, but I had a couple, and I can attest that it does. The Midori gives the cocktail a melon taste, but the lemon juice mellowed it a bit so it wasn’t overly sweet. The GRINCH would make a great shot and, of course, is a no-brainer holiday drink. It would probably also go well with green eggs and ham.


Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie


No comments :

Post a Comment