Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

JACK FROST

JACK FROST
1 measure Jack Daniels
¾ measure dry vermouth
1/3 measure crème de banana
1 measure passion fruit juice
1/3 measure pineapple juice

I know, I know, in Ohio we are experiencing a heat wave in March and a cocktail named JACK FROST just doesn’t seem right. That’s what I thought until I figured out that the JACK FROST got its name from its main ingredients — Jack Daniels Kentucky Whiskey and frothy pineapple juice.

To make the JACK FROST, you could really use Jack Daniels or Jim Beam, another great Kentucky Whiskey. Start by putting the whiskey and all the other ingredients above into a shaker. There are a lot of them, but they are all good and the effort is worth it. Be sure to take a whiff of the crème de banana after you pour it. I love the banana smell. Of course, I’m not at Michelle’s in Montana anymore and I can’t find passion fruit juice in my neighborhood, so I used Mango juice, which is close enough. After you get it all into the shaker, add ice, shake and strain into a tall cocktail glass half-filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a lemon or pineapple.

The JACK FROST, as hubby said, “is a winner!” I am no Jack Daniels lover, but this I could drink all night. Pineapple and whiskey mix well together it turns out, and the other ingredients kick it up a notch to create a pleasing, luscious cocktail. And I can’t even believe I’m saying that about whiskey. My dog Annie liked it too!

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment