Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Thursday, February 16, 2012

STRAWBERRY SLING BEATS A DAIQUIRI ANY DAY

STRAWBERRY SLING
½ cup strawberries, pureed in a blender
1 ounce fresh lemon juice
1 ounce simple syrup
1 ounce soda water
1 ¼ ounces of gin

If you like strawberry daiquiris, I found a cocktail I think you will like even better. It’s called the STRAWBERRY SLING and it comes from In the Land of Cocktails, which was written two New Orleans Cocktail Chicks, Ti Adelaide Martin and Lally Brennan.

To make their STRAWBERRY SLING cocktail, start with a half of a cup of strawberries. Put them in a blender and puree away. The smell that will waif from the blender is a good way to start any project. Next, take the pureed strawberries and put them into a shaker, then add the lemon juice, simple syrup (easy to make), soda water and gin. Fill the shaker with lots of ice, shake it a while to get it nice and cold, then strain it into a glass of your choosing and garnish with a strawberry.

My husband drank his cocktail in less than three minutes and I wasn’t that far behind. The STRAWBERRY SLING is absolutely luscious. It’s like a daiquiri as far as the strawberry taste goes, but it is less thick and more yummy. I couldn’t even taste the gin that I know was in there. I especially liked taking bites of my garnish, then sipping delicately, then smiling and finishing it off with a sigh.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

1 comment :

  1. What's up, I check your blog daily. Your humoristic style is awesome, keep it up!

    Also visit my web-site: Code Psn Gratuit

    ReplyDelete