Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Friday, February 10, 2012

THE MELON PATCH


The Melon Patch


MELON PATCH
1 measure Midori
½ measure Cointreau
½ measure vodka
4 measures soda water
Orange garnish


It was girls’ night out and five friends and I started the night with a walk through the MELON PATCH. This was a great cocktail — refreshing, light, and more dry than sweet. This cocktail also confirmed my theory that soda water is the key to ensuring that alcoholic concoctions aren’t so strong that you can’t drink them.


To make the MELON PATCH cocktail, I put the first three ingredients into a shaker with ice. I then gave it some shakes and, after I got done admiring the cool green color, stained it into glasses full of ice. I then topped off the glasses with soda water and garnished them with slices of orange. I later squeezed some juice from an orange slice into my cocktail and the MELON PATCH tasted even better.

Death by Chocolate
I would recommend this cocktail for by the pool on a sunny summer day or whenever you want to feel like you are by a pool. Us girls went from the MELON PATCH to red wine and chocolate overkill at a cooking demonstration, where we watched a chef cook dishes such as chocolate balsamic soup, chocolate crème brulee, and chocolate amaretto truffles. The class was ably named “Death by Chocolate,” and death it was. I love chocolate, but this was overload. Good thing we danced it all off later to Disco Inferno. Now if I could only stop the inferno of a headache I have. Maybe I should have gone no further than the patch.



Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment