Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Monday, February 27, 2012

ELIZABETH TAYLOR COCKTAIL


Do you think this is the color of Elizabeth Taylor's eyes?

ELIZABETH TAYLOR
1 ½ ounces citron vodka
1 ounce cranberry juice
½ ounce triple sec
½ ounce blue Curacao
½ ounce lemon juice


Today would have been Elizabeth Taylor’s 80th Birthday and to honor the famous actress who lived life to the fullest — any woman who got married eight times had a lot of passion, humor, and love — I enjoyed myself an ELIZABETH TAYLOR cocktail.

The ELIZABETH TAYLOR cocktail was created by Bar Chef Lu Brow at Café Adelaide in New Orleans and I found the recipe in a favorite cocktail of mine called In the Land of Cocktails. Lu invented the cocktail because she is a fan and because she was trying to re-create the unique color of Elizabeth Taylor’s eyes. To make it, start by putting ice into the martini glasses you’ll be using and let them chill. Then take the ingredients listed above and put them into a shaker. Fill the shaker with ice and shake. Then empty the ice from the glasses and strain the mixture in.

The citron vodka I used was a limited edition, crystal-encrusted Absolute bottle. Taylor famously loved diamonds and had a huge jewelry collection, so I couldn’t resist a bottle that would have made her happy. I have a feeling this cocktail would also have made her happy. Heck, have enough of them and you’ll be happy too.

Yes, the ELIZABETH TAYLOR is a fine sipping cocktail. It’s sweet and easy, with good balance despite a slight sourness to it. The ingredients list is a little longer than I like, and I don’t think the ice in the martini-glass thing actually made any difference, but I would definitely drink it again. It might even become a yearly February 27th tradition in my house. I know, I know…. any excuse to drink.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie


3 comments :

  1. I've heard of Gracie's and would love to go. If I get there I will be sure to order that. Thanks for th ecomment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear, are you in fact visiting this website regularly, if so then you will without doubt get
    fastidious knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any video of that? I'd lve to find out some additional information.

    ReplyDelete