Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Monday, February 20, 2012

THE MILLIONAIRE


MILLIONAIRE
1½ measure bourbon
¾ measure Cointreau
½ egg white
Dash of grenadine
Lemon garnish


I thought a cocktail named the MILLIONAIRE would be a good one for President’s Day, since you can’t even think of running for Commander-in-Chief unless you are filthy rich. I’m sure not looking forward to listening to those awful commercials they spend much of those millions on in the coming months. Thank God for DVR!


MILLIONAIRE the cocktail was also a lot like a president in that it sounded good, but when it came down to it, I was disappointed. To make the cocktail, I added the ingredients in the measurements above to a shaker, added plenty of ice, and gave it a shake. I then strained the mixture into glasses and garnished with lemon slices. After the first taste, I defied the recipe and added ice.


Yes, the MILLIONAIRE was strong. I didn’t taste the egg white at all and it was a little sweet, but not sweet enough for me. It was like bad spiked punch, though it did get better with the addition of ice. All in all, bourbon and Cointreau are not a good mix. I may also be prejudiced against the MILLIONAIRE cocktail, because I got a huge squirt of lemon in my eye when I sliced one for the garnish- ouch! Still, it doesn’t taste like a million bucks to me.


Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment