Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

ST. GERMAIN COCKTAIL



ST. GERMAIN COCKTAIL
2 parts Champagne or Dry Sparkling Wine
1½ parts St. Germain
2 parts club soda
Lemon garnish

I said goodbye tonight to probably the third bottle of St. Germain that I’ve bought this year. I won’t be buying another bottle, at least not until after January, and I was sad to see it go. I’ve really grown fond of the elderberry liqueur from France, but I have only about a month left and lots of other liquors to try.

The delicious ST. GERMAIN COCKTAIL was a perfect send off. To make it, I just put some champagne, St. Germain, and club soda into a tall cocktail glass that I had filled half-way with ice, gave it a good stir, and garnished with a slice of lemon. Dry sparkling wine can be used instead of champagne, just make sure you have some bubbles going. They make any cocktail seem festive, even on a Tuesday.

“That's good Connie,” said Hubby after taking one sip of the ST. GERMAIN COCKTAIL. He and I both easily succumbed to the pleasure of this cocktail. It was a light cocktail in the truest sense of the word, but also full of flavor. Both the champagne and the St. Germaine were enhanced by the other, and the club soda ensured that neither taste was overwhelming. It’s a cocktail guaranteed to lift your spirits.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment