Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

MINTA SPECIAL

THE MINTA SPECIAL
Gin
Lemon Juice
Lime Juice
Angostura Bitters
Lemon for Garnish

My step-mother Minta has learned a thing or two in her 70 years, including the ingredients of a good cocktail. We went to Crop Bistro in downtown Cleveland tonight to surprise her for her big birthday (the mask of her face in the picture was part of the surprise) and I ordered one of her concoctions, which I'll call the MINTA SPECIAL.

To make it, the bartender put the ingredients above into a short cocktail glass and gave it a good stir. He garnished with a perfect spiral of lemon. Wish I could do that! I've gotten good at the cocktails, but I still have a long way to go until I can make a pretty garnish.

Anyways, the MINTA SPECIAL cocktail was a pretty pink color and had a very unique taste. It was a different kind of gin drink that really brought out the flavor in the Angostura Bitters. This was good, because I had been suffering from a funky stomach all day and the bitters really soothed it. They always seem medicinal to me and are known as a digestive aid. The MINTA SPECIAL was also on the sour side, but I'm glad I gave it a try. When you are in the mood for a bitter gin cocktail, you should try it too.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment