Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

EL DIABLO and THE APP

EL DIABLO
1 ½ ounce Cuervo Tradicional or other tequila
1 ounce cranberry juice
1 ounce lime juice
½ ounce simple syrup
Splash of ginger ale or Sprite

I had a devil of a time getting around to the EL DIABLO cocktail tonight. I recently got a new iPhone app called thebar.com. It’s a free and fun app that lets you search for cocktail recipes by drink type, color, theme, spirit, etc. You can also give your phone a shake for a random drink recipe. A virtual cocktail shaker shakes on your screen and you never know what will pop up.

I decided to give it a try and see how many shakes it would take until I could find a recipe that I had all the ingredients for and hadn’t had already this year. I thought it would take maybe three, tops. Well, it was more like 10 shakes until I got to it, but the EL DIABLO cocktail turned out to be worth the wrist strain. To make it, I just put the first four ingredients listed above into a tall cocktail glass that I had half-filled with crushed ice. I gave it a stir, then topped it off with a splash of pop and a slice of lime for garnish.

The EL DIABLO allowed me to kill a bottle of tequila and as I poured it in, I thought to myself, “This is the last tequila cocktail of the year for me. I am not going to buy another bottle of tequila. It’s low on my list of favorites.’

Then I tasted the EL DIABLO and immediately changed my mind. When paired with a balance of sweet and sour mixes, tequila can be delicious. The EL DIABLO has all the great flavors of a margarita, but it’s sweeter and lighter. My friend Carolyn and her brother got in on the cocktail tonight. Carolyn gave the EL DIABLO her “A1 approval” and the brother said he never likes cocktails, but this one, he loved. They both saw the bottom of their glasses before me. The only trouble with the EL DIABLO is that it is so good, it could sneak up on you, just like you know who.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment