Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Sunday, October 28, 2012

PRE-BROWNS GAME WASHINGTON APPLE SHOT


WASHINGTON APPLE SHOOTER
¾ ounce Crown Royal or other bourbon
¾ ounce Apple Pucker
¾ ounce cranberry juice

Next time you find yourself in one of those situations where you don’t really want to do a shot, but the circumstances warrant it, try a WASHINGTON APPLE. Making it is simple. Just put the three ingredients listed above into a cocktail shaker, add lots of ice, shake and strain into a shot glass.

I found myself in a WASHINGTON APPLE situation this morning. I don’t usually do shooters before noon, but I was taking part in a little pre-gaming before going to the Cleveland Browns game. It was cold. It was raining, hard. I was in a very loud bar with $2 shots and the Browns had only won one game all year.

It was a good choice. The yummy-tasting shot had an apple flavor perfect for the fall. Despite the Apple Pucker, it was tart, but not super sour. It could also be a large cocktail if you tripled the ingredients, but I don’t think I would have liked it as much that way. As a shooter, it was flavorful and easy to drink. It definitely warmed me up and helped me to ride out the storm. I can see why the WASHINGTON APPLE is a very popular shooter. The Browns got a little more popular today too after their close-call victory over the San Diego Chargers. Musta been the great fans at the game, and all the shots they did before noon.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment