Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Thursday, October 4, 2012

LOVE POTION

LOVE POTION
Amaretto
Cherry Brandy
Fruit Juices
Coconut Juice
Sprite

Love Potions are magical brews that cause the drinker to become infatuated with anyone they see. They’ve been the subjects of poems, paintings, films and, of course, music. Who can forget the catchy song “Love Potion #9,” the 1959 hit from the Clovers? Once you start singing, “I took my troubles down to Madame Rue. You know that gypsy with the gold-capped tooth,” you just can’t stop.

I partook of a bowl of LOVE POTION myself tonight at the Hibachi Grill restaurant near my home. Made with all of the ingredients listed above and put into the unique container you see in the picture, the LOVE POTION was a fruity, strong cocktail. The blend of juices and liquors worked great together and it reminded me of a Mai Tai or Zombie, especially with the pineapple juice that took over it. As is common with cocktails at ethnic restaurants, the juice in the LOVE POTION tasted stall. A true aphrodisiac would require freshly squeezed juices. Still, after a whole bowl, I was ready to love the one I’m with.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment