Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Friday, October 19, 2012

KISS MY AZTEC MARTINI


KISS MY AZTEC MARTINI
Patron XO Café Dark Cocoa
Patron XO Café
Cayenne Pepper
Cinnamon
Cream
Whipped Cream for garnish

I’ve never kissed an Aztec, but I can now say that I’ve drank a KISS MY AZTEC cocktail and that it was one of the most interesting and different martinis I’ve had yet this year. And at day number 287, that’s really saying something.

This fabulous cocktail was made for me by the bartender at Bar Louie in Beachwood, Ohio, where I was having a cocktail with my friend Terri and some fabulous men who were lucky enough to sit next to us at the bar. Their enthusiasm for my blog and for talking was matched only by my enthusiasm for the KISS MY AZTEC cocktail. It was very rich and impressive looking with whipped cream that was piled as high as an Aztec pyramid.

The ingredients for the KISS MY AZTEC included a very atypical coffee-flavored tequila made by Patron called XO Café. But the cocktail didn’t stop there, it also include Patron’s XO Café Dark Cocoa, which is a chocolate and coffee-flavored tequila. The bartender put these tequilas into a cocktail shaker, along with dashes of cayenne pepper, cinnamon and a small pour of heavy whipping cream. She then added lots of ice, shook the shaker well and strained the mixture into a martini glass before adding the whipped cream.

It was a strange feeling sipping tequila from a martini glass, but I discovered that, though I’m not a big tequila fan, I really like the coffee and chocolate flavored ones. When together in the KISS MY AZTEC, they make an awesome dessert. It reminded me of a chocolate shake or crème brulee, with the additional tequila kick. But it wasn’t too thick or filling. That Patron is one great company and I’d like to give the inventor of these tequilas a big kiss of my own.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment