Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Thursday, August 2, 2012

SUMMER RYE

SUMMER RYE
1 1/2 ounce rye whiskey
3/4 ounce St. Germain
1/4 ounce simple syrup
3/4 ounce lemon juice
1 ounce apple juice
3/4 part champagne

I just had to try a SUMMER RYE on this fine summer night and I'm glad I did, because it was a mighty fine cocktail. I know the list of ingredients is long, but they are nothing you can't find at your closest friendly liquor store and the effort will be worth it. To make a SUMMER RYE, put all of the ingredients above - except the champagne - into a cocktail shaker. Add ice, shake and strain the mixture into a collins glass that is half-filled with ice. Then add the champagne on top and garnish as you please.

Somehow the SUMMER RYE gets taken over by a lemonade flavor, despite all the other ingredients. Personally, I'm a fan of well-hidden whiskey, so I had no problem with that.
The champagne on top sold me as well. It gives the unique cocktail some bubbles and some much needed sweetness, since it is a sour drink. It is especially swell to sip while singing along to "Summertime" by Janis Joplin. And your singing will improve the more SUMMER RYES you have.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment