Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

GOLDILOCKS

GOLDILOCKS
1 measure dark rum
1 measure Malibu coconut rum
3 measures pineapple juice
2 measures orange juice

I love cocktails named after fairy tales. I mean aren't cocktails one way to take a trip far, far away from from the reality of life? The GOLDILOCKS cocktail is suppose to have gotten its name because it is the color of the famous little girl's hair. I'd say it is more of a putrid yellow color, but it sure did taste golden.

To make the GOLDILOCKS cocktail, I put the ingredients listed above into a cocktail shaker, added ice, shook it and strained it into a tall glass that had been filled with ice. I garnished with some pineapple, but I could have used an orange slice as well.

I've tasted lots of rum and juice drinks this cocktail year. Some have been too sweet and some have been too sour, but the GOLDILOCKS was just right. It was the perfect balance of two rums and two juices. It was refreshing, light and much better than the gin and juice shot I had last night. Hubby thought the GOLDILOCKS would make a good morning drink because of its nice consistency and healthy taste. Whenever you decide to drink one, just make sure you end up in your own bed afterwards.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment