Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Saturday, August 11, 2012

PEACH MARTINI



PEACH MARTINI
Malibu rum
Peach nectar
Crème de Peche


Tonight’s cocktail was a real peachy treat from Chez Francois, a French restaurant where I had the finest dining experience I’ve ever had in the Cleveland area. The charming, high-end restaurant is in Vermillion, Ohio, a place I have visited my whole life. Yet, I have only been to Chez Francois once, when I was about 14 and nowhere near cocktailing age.

Thankfully, I’m a bit above 21 now, because the PEACH MARTINI I was served at Chez Francois was one of the finest cocktailing experiences I’ve ever had. Our informative and helpful waiter, Jim, recommended it and even brought out the ingredients so I could take a picture. I’m not sure of the measurements, but to make the PEACH MARTINI, the bartender put Malibu coconut rum, peach nectar and Crème de Peche into a cocktail shaker, added ice, shook it well and strained the fruity mixture into a martini glass. He then added some thin slices of in-season fresh peach to garnish. The result was a beautiful sight with a beautiful taste.

The key ingredient was the Crème de Peche, a high-quality peach liquor from France, of course. It tastes like peaches themselves, not like sugar. You can buy a good bottle for about $20. In the PEACH MARTINI, the Crème de Peche came alive with the addition of rum and nectar. The cocktail was very fresh and just exquisite tasting. It didn’t taste like any martini I’ve ever had before, and I was sad to see it end as the fresh peach slices slide down my throat.

Unlike last night’s Butter Cream Martini, I could have had 10 PEACH MARTINIS. But since I want to be able to return to the restaurant one day, I moved on to wine and an elegant meal of hog snapper, where more peaches were layered on top. The Crème de Peche made an appearance later as well, when it was served with my dessert of Bananas Foster. It’s a bottle that will be making an appearance on my bar from now on.


Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

1 comment :

  1. Sounds like a wonderful August drink when peaches come in season.

    ReplyDelete