Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Sunday, August 12, 2012

SONOMA CUP



SONOMA CUP
3 measures dry white wine
½ measure Cointreau
3 measures orange juice
4 measures soda water

If you are looking for a mimosa alternative and dream of a life lived on a Sonoma County, California, winery, then the SONOMA CUP cocktail is for you. To make it, start with your favorite or most handy California chardonnay or other dry white wine. I used a chardonnay from California’s “Middle Sister” winery. It was given to me by my big sister ages ago and it seemed like the right Sunday night to break it open. I am a poor deprived middle sister, with an older sister and a younger brother. But, as much as being the baby of a family seems like fun sometimes, I wouldn’t trade my lot in life for anything.  

Take the wine, and mix it with Cointreau and orange juice in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake well, then strain into a tall glass. Top it off with the soda water. To me, four measures of soda water is too much, and I used about two measures. I finished my SONOMA CUP off with an orange slice garnish. I immediately regretted that I hadn’t started my day with this cocktail, because it would have made for great sipping on a Sunday morning. It is an exceedingly light orange juice drink, and would have been even more so with the prescribed amount of club soda. The Cointreau is subtle, but it gives the SONOMA CUP some thickness and strength. The Middle Sister wine bottle says that middle sisters are smart girls, and smart girls are the luckiest girls there are. I fully agree and would add that smart girls drink SONOMA CUPS.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie


No comments :

Post a Comment