Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Saturday, August 25, 2012

CARIBBEAN PAINKILLER

CARIBBEAN PAINKILLER
2 ounces orange juice
1 ounce fresh lime juice
2 ounces coconut rum (Malibu)
1 1/2 ounces vodka
2 ounces pineapple juice
Pinch of nutmeg

Cocktails are great, but a well-deserved cocktail after a hard day can seem especially delicious. The CARIBBEAN PAINKILLER I had today was well-deserved, delicious and aptly named, for after tackling the Sky High course at Holiday Valley in New York, something to kill the pain was needed.

To make the CARIBBEAN PAINKILLER, I first grabbed a 1/2 gallon jug, because I was planning on sharing. I just put all of the ingredients listed above -times six- into the jug, added lots of ice and stirred. After transporting it to the pool, and pouring it into individual glasses, I garnished with a little nutmeg.

The CARIBBEAN PAINKILLER was perfect for a relaxing Saturday afternoon by the pool. Everybody's glass was quickly emptied. Turns out vodka and rum together can work, especially when combined with yummy juices. The nutmeg is optional, but a glorious touch in my opinion. The others in my group were not into the brown stuff so much.

The CARIBBEAN PAINKILLER killed the pain from the very challenging Sky High course, where the zip lining was the easy part.  I was climbing near-impossible ladders, walking tightropes, and crossing bridges made of nothing but logs hanging from ropes. I had no idea how hard that was going to be and I had no idea how hard the CARIBBEAN PAINKILLER cocktail would hit me. It is one of those that sneaks up on you. Hide your keys before you begin drinking, because you won't want just one.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment