Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Monday, August 20, 2012

MIDNIGHT LIASON


MIDNIGHT LIAISON
1 ounce Blue Curacao
1 ounce Parfait Armour
4 ounces lemonade
Dash of Grenadine


For a proper midnight liaison, one should have an open heart, sexy lingerie, a clear night, a watch, and a MIDNIGHT LIAISON cocktail. For the other stuff, you are on your own, but to make the cocktail, just put the first three ingredients listed above into a tall highball glass that is filled with cracked ice. Stir, then top it off with a dash of grenadine and serve.


Just be sure that your sweetheart likes sweet cocktails, because the MIDNIGHT LIAISON is a very sugary, saccharine cocktail. It reminds me of a frozen drink that would be served at a tiki bar, especially with the bright colors. The hard-to-find Parfait Armour orange liqueur has me perplexed. I’ve loved it in some cocktails and loathed it in others. In the MIDNIGHT LIAISON, the Parfait Armour is good, though I think I would have liked it better without the equally-sweet blue curacao. I guess I’ll have to keep trying it in a variety of cocktails before I make a final judgment call on the purple stuff. In the meantime, I’ll keep enjoying my MIDNIGHT LIAISON, and looking at my watch.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment