Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

THE SAOCO

SAOCO
2 measures white rum
4 measures coconut milk

I’m not a big fan of coconut, but I’ve heard of the many health benefits associated with coconut, and thought perhaps mixing it with rum in a cocktail named SAOCO might make it more appealing to my palate. The SAOCO cocktail originated in Barbados, where the term Saoco means “rhythm.” To make the SAOCO cocktail, I just put rum and coconut milk into a shaker, filled it with ice, gave it some shakes, and strained the milky mixture into a cocktail glass half-filled with shaved ice. Adding two small straws at the end is an important part of the recipe too.

Coconut is a healthy fat that can help with weight loss, boost your immune system, combat heart disease, and give you healthy skin and hair. God knows I would love all or any of those benefits, still I couldn’t get past more than a few sips of the SAOCO. It was yuck! In Barbados they use milk straight from a coconut and oftentimes serve the cocktail in a coconut shell. Maybe that would help and it sure couldn’t hurt, because the cocktail I made was pretty gross. Unless you are a big fan of coconut milk, I wouldn’t bother. This gave rum a bad name. Save it for Barbados.


 Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment