Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Friday, April 20, 2012

THE BILLY THE BARTENDER SPECIAL

THE BILLY THE BARTENDER SPECIAL
2 measures gin
2 measures Cointreau
Dash of Angostura Bitters


Have you ever been channel surfing on a Friday night and found yourself lingering on the cage fights on MTV2? I know I have, and I never in a million years imagined that I would ever be at one of those events in person. But that’s where I found myself tonight — watching two men, and once two women, going for each others’ throats martial-arts-style as part of the Bellator 66 tour, which is broadcast on MTV2. The TKOs were shocking, but it was kinda fun. I think the people watching was the best part. The crowd was full of women teetered around in ridiculously high heels and men doubling as billy goats (big muscles, bald heads and goatees.)

After that entertaining event, a cocktail was needed. So hubby and I stopped by a local bar on the way home, and I challenged the bartender to make me a good cocktail. He said his most popular cocktail was made with gin, Cointreau and bitters, then he quickly whipped one up for me on the rocks. He didn’t know what the cocktail’s name was, so I named it after him.


The BILLY THE BARTENDER SPECIAL was damn strong, but also damn good. Since it is mostly alcohol, it was one of those drinks that gets better as the ice melts. The orange flavor of the Cointreau moved the cocktail from the undrinkable category to the sipping category. And what started out as rather harsh, ended up being smooth by the time I saw the bottom of the glass. Then I was ready for my own little TKO into bed.


Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie




No comments :

Post a Comment