Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

MINI-BEER-LOVE IT!

MINI BEER
2 parts Licor 43
1 part Heavy Whipping Cream

When is a beer not a beer? When it’s a MINI-BEER! I love the MINI-BEER cocktail. I found the recipe on a pamphlet that came with a bottle of Licor 43. I’m learning how wonderful a source those annoying things are, and I am going to stop automatically throwing them away from now on. According to the teeny-tiny print in the pamphlet, to make the MINI-BEER, you first pour Licor 43 into a mini-mug ( I used a glass a little larger than a shot glass) about two-thirds of the way. Then, ever- so slowly, pour heavy cream on top so it floats. Part of the reason I fell for the MINI-BEER is that it is the first cocktail I’ve made that called for “floating” and I was able to do it.
Licor 43 is a bright yellow Spanish liquor made from 43 different types of citrus and fruit juices, vanilla flavoring, and other aromatic herbs and spices. Whatever it is — it’s buoyant and delicious. The first sips of the MINI-BEER are especially good, since its mostly cream, and the last part should be gulped like a shot. A shot of love… for the MINI-BEER.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

2 comments :

  1. I have a question....is the Licor 43 supposed to be chilled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Licor 43 doesn't have to be chilled -- mine wasn't -- and the drink was cold enough from the cold cream. But it would probably taste better if it was chilled. Have fun drinking your mini-beer!

    ReplyDelete