Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Sunday, April 15, 2012

ROCK AND ROLL COCKTAIL

ROCK N’ ROLL COCKTAIL
1/2 glass lemonade
A dash of blackcurrant liqueur
1 shot of vodka

It was a big weekend for Cleveland, Ohio, home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Every three years, the New York City big wigs let us hold the yearly induction ceremony in Cleveland. This was one of those years and last night the 27th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions were held at Public Auditorium in downtown Cleveland. Green Day played, John Mellencamp presented, Bette Midler got all emotional, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers were inducted by Chris Rock, all in front of a crowd of about 7,000. Sadly, I was not one of them.


Though I couldn’t go to the Rock Hall Inductions, I could induct a new cocktail into my life. I found one online at cocktailmaking.com called the ROCK N’ ROLL COCKTAIL. Making it was as easy as a Donovan tune, one of this year’s inductees. I just filled a glass with ice, added a shot of vodka, a dash of blackcurrant liqueur, and filled the rest of the glass up with lemonade

I loved the refreshing, easy-drinking taste and make of the ROCK N’ ROLL COCKTAIL. But it was a soft rock cocktail, with a low and slow beat. It didn’t make me think of hard rocking music. That kind of cocktail would be made with Jack Daniels or Wild Turkey — something you can spit out onto the crowd. No, the ROCK N’ ROLL COCKTAIL was a mellow lemonade and vodka, amped up with a shot of blackcurrant flavor. It was a very worthy addition to the classic lemonade and vodka cocktail, and it made me wonder what else I could add to that classic cocktail combo that I know and love so well. Something to ponder these next three years, along with how to get into that next Cleveland Induction Ceremony.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie


No comments :

Post a Comment