Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Monday, April 2, 2012

HOLD ON TO THE HORSE'S NECK


HORSE’S NECK
1 lemon
2 measures gin
Dry ginger ale
Bitters

 Get your wrist ready for the HORSE’S NECK cocktail. To make it right, you’ll need to cut an entire rind from a lemon. I didn’t get through a whole lemon myself, but I came close and I love the effect.

 But I’m getting ahead of myself. To make the wonderful cocktail called the HORSE’S NECK, I first filled a cocktail glass half-way with crushed ice. I then simply added two measures of gin and filled the rest of the glass with ginger ale, then gave it a stir.

 But to make this cocktail more than just gin and ginger, I turned to the lemon. I used the side of a citrus zester to take off the rind, cut it in half and swirled it inside the glass, finishing by dangling a loop from the side for the “horse’s neck.” I finished the cocktail by squeezing the juice from half of the lemon on top and putting in a few drops of peach bitters. Angostura bitters could be used as well if that is more to your liking, or you could skip the bitters altogether and the HORSE’S NECK will still be good. It’s refreshing and a must try for gin lovers, especially if you usually order gin and ginger. Go for that lemon and bitters too. It is very worth. Just like the lemon rind. The wrist will recover.

 Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment