Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Saturday, December 8, 2012

VALENCIA PUNCH



VALENCIA PUNCH
½ ounce Licor 43
¼ ounce Cointreau
6 ounces cranberry juice (hot)

The VALENCIA PUNCH cocktail may have the word punch in its name, but don’t bother digging out the punch bowl. It should be made individually, and can be served either hot or cold. The recipe, which I found on the pamphlet that came with my bottle of Licor 43, got its name from a Spanish city on the Mediterranean Sea. Since Licor 43 is a sweet, vanilla-flavored liqueur from Spain, the first part of the cocktail name makes sense. But the punch part? Not sure.

What I am sure of is that the VALENCIA PUNCH is a vanilla, cranberry delight. To make it, I started by warming up six ounces of cranberry juice in the microwave using a glass pitcher for about one and a half minutes. While it was warming, I put the Licor 43 and Cointreau into a short cocktail glass. I then added the warm juice and stirred well before taking a sip. I loved the taste of the warm cranberry juice and thought it was well-enhanced by the lip-smaking Licor 43. The cocktail was sweet, but not like syrup, and subtly strong. It would be great on a cold night. My sister stopped by and liked the VALENCIA PUNCH a lot better after she added some ice. I took a sip, thought it tasted great that way too, and liked the cocktail even more for its flexibility. Any way you have it — hot or cold- it’s muy bueno!

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment