Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

KAHLUA SOUR



KAHLUA SOUR
2 measures Kahlua
1 measure lemon juice
½ measure simple syrup

December 26th always puts me in a bit of a sour mood. After all the buildup, Christmas is done and my house is a mess. I spend the day cleaning and feeling bad about filling up the landfills. A KAHLUA SOUR fit my mood perfectly. To make it, I put the three ingredients listed above into a cocktail shaker, added ice, shook it well and strained the potion into a short cocktail glass that was half-filled with ice. I garnished with a slice of lemon.

So far this year, I’ve had a whiskey sour, an apple sour, a midori sour, and a pisco sour. I’ve liked them all and the KAHLUA SOUR is no exception. Kahlua is coffee flavored liqueur made in Veracruz, Mexico. It’s the result of a seven year process of aging a coffee bean and mixing it with distilled sugar cane. I was skeptical about mixing coffee flavor with sweet and sour, but it was a risk worth taking. I found the KAHLUA SOUR to be a great addition to the sour cocktails out there and one that shouldn’t be missed. The cocktail isn’t too strong, and the lemon taste is subtle. It’s a sweet and different way to enjoy coffee liquor. Other Kahlua options include mixing it with ginger ale, hot coffee, with lemon or lime zest, or just on the rocks.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment