Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

THE WILD WEDNESDAY

WILD WEDNESDAY
1 measure Absolute Mandarin or other orange-flavored vodka
1 measure wild strawberry liqueur
1/2 measure lemon juice
2 measures club soda

Sometimes the best cocktails are the ones you make up yourself. Inventing cocktails allows you to be creative and free. It will also test your knowledge of spirits, and make all the cocktail drinking you've been doing actually worth something. There's nothing quite like the excitement of that first sip of a cocktail you've created yourself. Will it go down the gullet or the drain?

Today is the 340th day in a row that I've drank a cocktail, so I thought I would finish up my near-empty bottle of Absolute Mandarin vodka by mixing it with what my experience told me would taste good. I chose to mix the vodka with strawberry liqueur, since oranges and strawberries are always good together; a little lemon juice, to make sure the cocktail wasn't too sweet; and club soda, to make sure it wasn't too strong. I put all of these ingredients into a tall cocktail glass that I had filled with ice, then gave it a good stir and garnished with a slice of orange.

My self-titled WILD WEDNESDAY cocktail was great by my accounts. It was fruity, but since it didn't have any fruit juice in it, the fruit flavor was subtle and not overpowering. It's a cocktail that would be exquisite on a beach in the tropics and more than one could cause you to go a little wild. I especially loved the fizz from the club soda and the pretty color. I took a chance and won. Sadly, it was the wildest thing about my Wednesday.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie


No comments :

Post a Comment