Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Sunday, December 9, 2012

THE NUTTY BUDDY MARTINI



NUTTY BUDDY MARTINI
1½ ounce vanilla vodka
1 ounce dark crème de cacao
1 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream
½ ounce Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
Finely crushed peanuts for garnish (optional)

I’m fortunate enough to have many buddies in my life. I havebest buddies, gal buddies, college buddies, ski buddies, dancing buddies, gymbuddies, the list goes on. Lots of my buddies are drinking buddies of course,and one of my nutty drinking best buddies is Matt. It’s his birthday today, andI celebrated with a NUTTY BUDDY MARTINI.

I’m glad that Matt’s zany personality lead me to thiscocktail, because it’s become one of my new favorites. To make it, I started bycrushing peanuts on a small plate, rimming a martini glass with lemon juice,and dipping the rim in the plate for a peanut garnish. I admit, this step didn’tgo as planned. I couldn’t get the peanuts to stick to the rim very well, butthey may not have been fine enough. Finally, I got to the booze, and there waslots of it. I put the four spirits listed above into a cocktail shaker, addedlots of ice, shook it well and strained it into the martini glass.

The NUTTY BUDDY MARTINI was a delicious mixture of the four deliciousliqueurs. With nothing to cut them, it was a strong martini and may cause a bitof insane action is you have more than one. But if you are a peanut lover, youhave to try the NUTTY BUDDY MARTINI. The hazelnut-flavored Frangelico andchocolate-flavored crème de cacao combine with the Baileys and vodka forsomething that tastes like a liquid candy bar and expensive dessert rolled intoone. The garnish that stuck to the rimadded to the yummy factor. I had the forethought to chill the boozefirst, and would highly recommend it. Cold booze always beat warm booze. And a nuttyfriend beats a boring friend any day.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

1 comment :

  1. Hey, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog in Chrome, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer,
    it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, terrific blog!

    ReplyDelete