Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Monday, July 30, 2012

THE DRIFTER


THE DRIFTER
2 ounces gin
½ ounce St. Germain
¾ ounce lime juice or sour mix
I have to confess that my work did not get 100% effort from me today. Maybe it was the Midol PM that I took last night, but I felt half-there today. It was as if I was just drifting through the Monday.
I decided to drift through my evening as well with a DRIFTER cocktail (Plus I had some fresh cucumbers looking for a home.) To make the DRIFTER, I put gin, St. Germain and sour mix into a cocktail shaker, added ice, shook and strained it into a martini glass. I then floated some thinly sliced cucumber on top.

The DRIFTER made me realize that sliced cucs really add a fashion statement to a cocktail. They also don’t get in the way of your sips and taste great after the liquid is gone. And this liquid will be gone quickly. The DRIFTER tasted like gin enhanced with the flavor of flowers and cucumber. It had a sourness to it, and is a must try for anyone that drifts towards sour drinks. I used an inexpensive gin, but a luxurious gin, like Tangueray or Bombay would surely make a big difference in a cocktail like this.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

1 comment :

  1. Hello, I enjoy reading through your article post.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete