Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Monday, July 9, 2012

CHAMBORD FLUSH



CHAMBORD FLUSH
½ measure Chambord liqueur
1½ measure grapefruit or citrus vodka
½ measure lemon juice
Muddled raspberries
Lime garnish


From an Irish bartender to my kitchen counter in Ohio came the idea for a CHAMBORD FLUSH cocktail. My Dad had gotten the cocktail’s list of ingredients from a bartender on his recent trip to Ireland, but not the measurements. No problem I figured. My growing expertise in the field of cocktails would allow me to make some educated guesses on the measurements for what sounded like a very yummy treat featuring the black raspberry liqueur Chambord.


To make the CHAMBORD FLUSH, I started by muddling about 4-5 raspberries in the bottom of a round glass using a wooden muddler. A short cocktail glass and a spoon would work too. I then put the first three ingredients above into a cocktail shaker, added ice, shook it well and strained it into the glass with the raspberries. I finished by adding ice and a lime garnish to the glasses.


The CHAMBORD FLUSH tastes as pretty as it looks. As expected, it was a treat and it became even more delicious after a significant ice melt and the adding of a few more cubes. Though fruity-flavored and made with citrus vodka, the acidity was surprisingly low. As usual, the Chambord, a new favorite, did not disappoint and if I was to make this cocktail again, I would use less vodka and more Chambord.


Perhaps the words of Hubby sum it up best:

“Wow, this is awfully good,” he said. “Was it hard to make? It tastes like it was hard to make.” It was Hubby, but you’re worth it (most days anyways.)


Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment