Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

FRENCH CONNECTION

FRENCH CONNECTION
1 measure cognac
1/2 ounce amaretto


The FRENCH CONNECTION. It sounds worldly, sophisticated and fabulous. And the cocktail is. To make it, put on on your chicest French outfit, then simply put cognac and amaretto into a short rocks glass with plenty of ice and stir. I’d also suggest giving it a 10 minute melt.


If you like cognac and coffee, you will love the FRENCH CONNECTION cocktail. I am not a cognac lover, but I can’t live without my coffee. I found the cocktail to have a hint of yummy to it underneath the powerfully strong cognac. Hubby was the one with a craving for a cognac cocktail, and he backed up his craving by finding the recipe on his beloved iPhone and making it for me. Still, he was the one who finished it. He liked it better than straight cognac and said it would be great for the winter.


Trouble is, it was almost 90 degrees in Ohio today. Another problem is that the real FRENCH CONNECTION was not fabulous. It was a drug trafficking scheme run by the French Mafia during the late 1960s and early 1970s. Heroin made from opium grown in Turkey was smuggled from France to the U.S., providing almost all of the heroin supply in the U.S. at the time. Still, the movie was good.


Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

1 comment :

  1. Howdy! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I
    came to give it a look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this
    to my followers! Excellent blog and amazing design and style.



    Feel free to visit my blog :: ceramic hair dryer

    ReplyDelete