Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Thursday, June 28, 2012

THE WYNTON

THE WYNTON
Hendricks Cucumber-Infused Gin
St. Germaine
Muddled fresh cucumber and lemon zest


I love jazz player Wynton Marsalis and I don’t know what the WYNTON cocktail I had at Nighttown tonight is named for, but I do know that it was a cocktail as smooth and enjoyable as one of Wynton’s great tunes. Nighttown Restaurant in Cleveland Hts., Ohio, is a wonderful restaurant and jazz club that’s been around for 40 years. Their food is to die for and as I found out tonight, so are their cocktails.


See those ingredients listed above? Those can’t make a bad cocktail. To make the WYTON, the bartender started by muddling some fresh cucumber slices at the bottom of a tall glass. He then added some cucumber-infused gin and St. Germaine — an elderflower liqueur and a favorite of mine. He topped it off with lots of lemon zest and slices.

As I sipped my WYNTON on the patio, I contemplated how excellent it was. It was light, flavorful, and rejuvenating. It was just the right balance of sweet and lemon. Know how when your eyes are all puffy, you are suppose to put cucumber slices on them to decrease the puffiness? Well, the best way I can describe the WYNTON cocktail is that it is like cucumber slices for the soul.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment