Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Saturday, June 23, 2012

HOP, SKIP & GO NAKED


HOP, SKIP & GO NAKED
375 ml or 12½ ounces vodka
36 ounces of your favorite beer
1 liter 7-Up or ginger ale
½ large can frozen lemonade
Orange slices
Lime slices


When my ol’ grade and high school buddy Kathi gave me the recipe for one of her favorite cocktails, the HOP, SKIP & GO NAKED, I not only loved the name, but I figured it would be good for a day of boating with friends.


Well, the day to HOP, SKIP & GO NAKED arrived today. I spent it with my family on the lake at Roaming Shores, Ohio, where Hubby, friend Matt and our hormonal-aged boys waterskiied, wake boarded, tubed and air chaired. I like to waterski myself, but my weak arms don’t get me very far. I’m much better at après ski activities, like making cocktails.


To make the HOP, SKIP & GO NAKED cocktail, I just put the ingredients above into a pitcher, added lots of ice, stirred and served it up to the adults, whether they liked it or not. Friends were hesitant to drink it and I don’t blame them. I mean, half on a fifth of vodka and beer together? It sounds gross, but I’m here to say that it tastes a lot better than it sounds. The HOP, SKIP & GO NAKED was citrusy, subtle and perfect for a sunny afternoon. I really liked the floating fruit and the unique taste. It was like extra refreshing beer. I had four, after which I hopped, skipped and took a nap on the beach.


Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment