Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

JUPITER COCKTAIL


Jupiter

THE JUPITER COCKTAIL
1 measure gin
½ measure dry vermouth
1 teaspoon Parfait Amour
1 teaspoon orange juice



Vintage cocktail week continues with the JUPITER COCKTAIL. Not only is the recipe from the book Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails, but the name is a fit for the United Nation’s World Environment Day, which is today. If we don’t all start treating our own planet with more tender loving care, we may need to move to Jupiter.


To make the JUPITER COCKTAIL, you will need Parfait Amour. It’s a purple liquor from France made from oranges, which I’m discovering is a very popular flavoring for alcohol. The only place I was able to find it was at Kentucky’s Party Source store, but I know you can also order it over the Internet. Parfait Amour is often mixed with gin and the JUPITER COCKTAIL is no exception. To make the cocktail, put the ingredients above into a shaker with ice, shake and strain into a cocktail glass. No ice or garnish required.


Jupiter Cocktail

The cocktail named for the fifth planet from the sun and the solar system’s largest planet oddly tastes a bit like cream soda. It is an interesting gray color, and despite the JUPITER COCKTAIL’s plain looks, it has a very un-plain, strong taste. The vermouth is a little overwhelming, and I would have liked more of the Parfait Amour and orange juice for balance. Still, I enjoyed this cocktail’s refreshing quality and I would recommend it to anyone looking for something different to drink while staring through their telescope.


Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie



2 comments :

  1. Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
    There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content.
    Please let me know. Thanks

    ReplyDelete