Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

EASY, BREEZY BLOODY MARY

Hard to say goodbye to this back yard!
EASY, BREEZY BLOODY MARY
4 parts of your favorite bloody Mary mix
1 part of your favorite vodka
Celery

Sadly, I had to say goodbye to the beach house at Ocean Isle, North Carolina, today and get back to reality where work awaits. The blow was softened by an easy, breezy BLOODY MARY that I sipped as I packed this morning. Since time was tight, I used a mix. It was called Authentic Bloody Mary Mix, and while I don’t know about all that, it did make a pretty damn good cocktail. I just mixed it with vodka and ice, gave it a stir and added some celery stalks to keep up the authenticity. I’ve always loved a BLOODY MARY in the morning, and while a homemade version with real tomato juice, Worchester sauce, etc. would be better, this one worked in a pinch. It was thick and had just the right amount of spice, without too much pepper. But, like my vacation, its time is fleeting. A homemade, classic BLOODY MARY is coming up on the cocktail calendar very soon and I can’t wait.  

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment