Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Thursday, June 7, 2012

SATAN'S WHISKERS

SATAN’S WHISKERS COCKTAIL
½ ounce gin
½ ounce dry vermouth
½ ounce sweet red vermouth
½ ounce orange juice
2 teaspoons orange curacao
1 teaspoon orange bitters


“It’s hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off –oh woah.” That line from Florence &the Machine’s song Shake it Out played continually in my head all day. As I flipped through the vintage spirits book after coming home from work, SATAN’S WHISKERS COCKTAIL jumped out at me. It had been a devil of a day after all.


I was glad I succumbed to the temptation of SATAN’S WHISKERS, because it was heavenly. To make it, I just put the ingredients above into a shaker, filled the shaker with ice, and shook the devil out of it. I then strained the mixture into a cocktail glass and attempted to add a twist of orange, failing miserably. SATAN’S WHISKERS had a very tempting smell of orange and alcohol. With two types of vermouth, the cocktail also had a very 18th century feel — dry and dirty. Vermouth is fortified wine invented in Italy in 1757, and in this cocktail, it works. The cocktail was pleasantly fruity, but also diabolically strong. After two of these, you will be dancing, and also possibly dying your hair red.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment