Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

WHISKEY SOUR

WHISKEY SOUR
Whiskey
Whiskey Sour Mix
Cherry garnish

Since I now love CC and ginger, and it’s a busy night of domestic duties, an easy WHISKEY SOUR made with mix and CC won tonight’s cocktail contest.

A real whiskey sour is made with bourbon, lemon juice and sugar. If you add an egg white, it’s called a Boston Sour (going on my calendar.) But tonight, I took a trip on the lazy train and simply mixed 3 ounces of sour mix with 1 ounce of Canadian Club whiskey, added crushed ice, gave it a stir and garnished with a maraschino cherry. I didn’t bother to shake it first and I didn’t bother to garnish with an orange slice — both of which are recommend on the bottle of Mr. and Mrs. T. Whiskey Sour Mix that I used. Of course, this same bottle says that the mix is not too tart and not too sweet.

The WHISKEY SOUR I made was very sour. Sure, I still drank it and I rather enjoyed drinking something not usually on my roster, but I could have used more sweet and less sour. Plus, it was a fake-tasting bitterness, not like an authentic, lime-flavored, type of sour. Though the lazy way is faster, easier and more convenient, I am now convinced that when it comes to a WHISKEY SOUR, fresh is best.
Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment