Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Friday, May 4, 2012

REMOTE CONTROL FRIDAY NIGHT

REMOTE CONTROL
3 ounces Galliano
2 ounces Cointreau
2 ounces orange juice
2 ounces cream


I have to be somewhere for work tomorrow at the ungodly hour of 7 am and I am so not a morning person. So, I’m on house arrest tonight and bonding with my remote control.


I thought a REMOTE CONTROL cocktail would be the most obvious companion and it sounded pretty good. To make it, I put the long-necked Galliano, the new-favorite Cointreau, the healthy orange juice and the good ole’ heavy whipping cream into a shaker. I filled the shaker with ice, gave it some shakes and strained the thick liquid into a glass. The recipe made more than was needed to fill a large glass, so the portions could easily be cut down. I also ended up adding ice to the glass after a few sips of the strong concoction.

The REMOTE CONTROL cocktail was heavy on the orange flavor. Hubby thought it tasted like an old-fashioned creamsicle, but I thought it was more like orange egg nog. It really opened my eyes to the powerful duo of Cointreau and orange juice — something I hadn’t tried before. I liked this cocktail’s creaminess and potency, but I wouldn’t have more than one. Two REMOTE CONTROLS, along with a remote control, could put you into a stooper that you’ll never come out of.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment