Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

WHISKEY, BAILEYS AND MOONSHINE

JAMESONS AND BAILEYS
2 measures Jamesons Irish Whiskey
2 measures Baileys Irish Cream

Tonight’s drink comes compliments of Johnny Seesaws, a legendary restaurant in Peru, Vermont. It was built in the 1920s by a Russian logger, Ivan Sesaw, and started out as a wild place to party. There were Saturday night dances, homemade moonshine and “sin” cabins out back. Thanks to Prohibition, the place grew in size and legend. Today, it has lodging and a fabulous classic Vermont restaurant, complete with dark wood walls and several open fireplaces.

I enjoyed a fabulous meal there over the weekend of lemon piccata. When I was too stuffed to eat anymore, I asked the waitress to suggest a good dessert drink. Before I knew it, a JAMESONS AND BAILEYS cocktail was where my plate use to be.

To make your own JAMESONS AND BAILEYS, mix one part Jamesons Irish Whiskey with one part Baileys Irish Cream into a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a glass with ice, sip and savor the delicious flavor. It proves that Baileys – one of my favorite liquors — makes anything taste better, even whiskey. The cocktail was smooth, creamy and my glass was quickly empty.

If you are every near Stratton, Vermont, be sure to eat at Johnny Seesaws, and if ever have a drink that doesn’t take good, add some Baileys.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

2 comments :

  1. For most recent information you have to pay a quick visit web and
    on internet I found this website as a finest website for hottest updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there outstanding website! Does running a blog like this require
    a massive amount work? I've very little knowledge of programming however I had been hoping to start
    my own blog in the near future. Anyways, if you have any ideas or
    tips for new blog owners please share. I know this is off subject but I simply
    wanted to ask. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete