Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

BORDEAUX COCKTAIL





BORDEAUX COCKTAIL
2 measures red Bordeaux
1 measure cognac
¾ measure crème de cassis

One of my goals for this experiment was to learn to love brown liquors like cognac. The BORDEAUX COCKTAIL is a good start towards reaching that goal. I really liked it, and my brown-liquor loving husband liked it so much that he had two. The cognac was barely noticeable to me, even though I don’t think I’ve ever partaken of a whole drink with cognac before. The BORDEAUX COCKTAIL tasted more like red wine with a bit of a kick. And though the drink was chilled, it warmed me to my core. As you can see, it also made my snowman melt.

To make the BORDEAUX COCKTAIL, you’ll need the three simple ingredients listed above, along with a pitcher, a stirrer and ice. Not just any red wine can be used, it must be a Bordeaux. The Bordeaux I used wasn’t expensive (Hello Costco), but the drink was still very yummy. If a more expensive brand was used, it would probably be even better. The cognac I used was of a medium quality and also worked well. The crème de cassis was a bit of a pain to find in the liquor store, but the owner and I eventually tracked it down. It wasn’t near the other crème liquors, but instead was in the same section as MD 20/20, taking me back to my high school days. Crème de cassis is a blackcurrant liqueur and it really makes the blackcurrant in the Bordeaux wine come alive.

So after you’ve hunted down your ingredients, use the measures provided (double, triple, or quadruple accordingly, for each recipe is only for one drink) and pour them into a pitcher. I used my jigger to measure the Bordeaux and cognac, then added 3 teaspoons of the crème de cassis. You then add a handful of ice to the pitcher and stir. This particular cocktail is stirred, not shaken, so don’t mess with the recipe. After stirring, strain the mixture into a large wine glass as shown and enjoy.

The BORDEAUX COCKTAIL looks likes an ordinary glass of red wine, but, oh, it is so much more…..

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

1 comment :

  1. I have been browsing online more than three
    hours today, but I never discovered any fascinating article like yours.
    It is lovely value sufficient for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers
    made excellent content as you did, the web can be much more
    helpful than ever before.
    Feel free to surf my web-site ... oftalmologio

    ReplyDelete