Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Sunday, January 15, 2012

END THE SKI DAY WITH AN APRES SKI



APRES SKI
1 measure vodka
1 measure Pernod
½ measure green crème de menthe
5 measures lemonade
Mint and a slice of lemon are optional garnishes

Martin Luther King weekend is typically a big skiing weekend, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who spent their Sunday sliding down a mountain with long sticks on their feet. The gang I’m with had a great day on the slopes. It was a cold one though and hard on the leg muscles, so all day I looked forward to ending it with the APRES SKI cocktail.

Making the APRES SKI was as easy as cruising a green run in the sunshine. First I put the vodka, Pernod, and green crème de menthe into a shaker. I then added ice, and used what little energy I had left to shake and strain it into a glass. A highball glass is preferred, but plastic will work when you’re in a hotel room. I then filled the rest of the glass, which was about half-full, with lemonade, and dressed it to impress with a garnish of mint leaves and lemon slices.

The result was a green cocktail with a black diamond taste. The APRES SKI was refreshing and different tasting, and was perfect for the hot tub. The Pernod gave it a licorice taste that blended well with the vodka, and the crème de menthe gave it a hint of mintyness. It was strong, but tasty. Everyone in the group had two — always a sign of a good cocktail. You don’t have to be a skier to enjoy it, but it you are, shake things up a bit by giving the APRES SKI a try next time you’re in the mountains and have quit skiing for the day. Trust me, it’s not a lunchtime drink.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

1 comment :

  1. This is a good tip especially to those new to the
    blogosphere. Simple but very accurate info… Appreciate your sharing this
    one. A must read article!

    Also visit my homepage Louis Vuitton Handbags

    ReplyDelete