Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Saturday, January 7, 2012

LAZY RITA


Don't let the man with the knife scare you, he's making tacos!


LAZY RITA
Margarita Mix (I used Mr. and Mrs. T)
Tequila

The LAZY RITA cocktail’s name was made up by yours truly, but the kudos for the concoction go to Mr. and Mrs. T. Whoever this couple is, they know how to make a damn good margarita mix. Ever crave a margarita? I rarely do and in fact, have had issues with tequila in the past (50¢ tequila shot nights in college will stay with you for a lifetime.) But tonight, when my husband said we are having tacos, my mind said “and I’m having a margarita.”

Searching my library of cocktail books, I looked for a creative margarita recipe I could make. I struck out. I had tequila, but little else needed in the way of bar stockings to be creative. And since I had a late night last night and had spent the day taking down the Christmas crap and cleaning, a trip to the liquor store was not happening. Luckily — don’t ask me where it came from — but I had some Mrs. and Mrs. T margarita mix in house. Another day this cocktail year, I’ll make a margarita the puritan way, but for tonight, the mixed worked great.

To make the LAZY RITA, combine 4 oz of a margarita mix with 1 oz of tequila in a shaker, fill it with ice, shake and strain. It was simple and good, not too sour. I am currently on my third and it complimented the tacos perfectly. Many taco nights, I’ve just popped open a beer. But going that extra mile to have a margarita is soo worth it. It gave me that “I’m in a Mexican restaurant” feeling.

A friend of mine who is a tequila connoisseur left some of her good tequila at my house last time she was here, and I think using the good stuff really makes a difference in a drink like this. The tequila is called ESPOLON and it is 100% puro agave from Mexico. The bottle has some real cool skeleton art on it too and the more ESPOLON you drink, the cooler it looks. I’m betting it is not the same tequila they used at those 50¢ tequila shot nights- thank God!

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

1 comment :

  1. Yum! Glad to see the Espolon make an early appearance :). Bet it was a gooood taco night! -cp

    ReplyDelete