Most Popular Cocktail Connie Posts

Friday, December 7, 2012

PEARL HARBOR



PEARL HARBOR
1 ounce vodka
½ ounce melon liquor (Midori)
5 ounces pineapple juice

The 71st anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor is today. The tragedy in Hawaii sent America spiraling into World War II. Like most big events, there’s a cocktail named after it. After making one, I think it’s a shame that this delightful cocktail is associated with such a dreadful event.

The PEARL HARBOR is easy to make and wow your friends with. Just put the three delicious ingredients listed above into a tall cocktail glass that is half-filled with crushed ice, stir well, and garnish with fruit. I chose to use raspberries, but a slice of pineapple and a maraschino cherry would be ideal.

Hubby really liked the PEARL HARBOR cocktail and said it tasted “like the lips of a Polynesian Princess.” The cocktail definitely had a soft taste to it. The full pineapple flavor instantly reminded me of Hawaii and I made a mental note to order it in Hawaii if I ever get back there again. The PEARL HARBOR just screamed sunshine. It also reminded me that I love Midori. The melon liquor has the tang of melon without the sweet. It makes any cocktail great and this one is no exception. It’s something you should always remember.

Drink Up^
Cocktail Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment